Skip to content

Get help

If you or someone you know is in danger or needs immediate help, call 911.

If you’re not in immediate danger, we’re here to help. If you’ve experienced sexual violence, sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating/domestic violence or stalking, confidential support and guidance is available to you.

If you are an undergraduate or graduate student, the advocates at your campus CARE: Advocate Office for Sexual and Gender-Based Violence and Sexual Misconduct can:

  • Provide confidential emotional support, whether the assault occurred on or off campus or whether you were a UC student at the time.
  • Connect you with medical care, if you need it.
  • Explain your options for filing a report, as well as your options if you choose not to report, so you can make the decision that’s right for you.
  • Help you understand your legal rights.
  • Facilitate housing needs, academic adjustments and other accommodations.

If you are a faculty member, other academic appointee or staff member, trained professionals on your campus offer confidential counseling and can connect you with additional resources, such as the Academic Personnel Office to help faculty understand their academic rights and the appropriate office to file a report.

If a friend or colleague needs help

If someone you know has experienced sexual violence, here are some resources to help you support them.

Copyright © Regents of the University of California | Terms of use